The MS 201 TC-M is STIHL’s most powerful top handled chainsaw. Comes as standard with M-Tronic and 2-MIX technology, providing optimum engine performance from the start. The captive nut on the sprocket cover allows for quick changing of the chain. The lightweight guide bar reduces the overall weight and keeps the saw perfectly balanced. Top handled saws are specially designed for working in an aerial environment and can only be used by trained professionals.
- STIHL M-Tronic (M)
- For a cold start, the STIHL M-Tronic only needs one start position on the combi-lever. After starting, you can immediately power up to full speed. The amount of fuel required is precisely calculated by the system and supplied as needed. Otherwise, start in position I as usual.
- Advanced combustion technology
- Four overflow channels swirl the fuel-air mix before ignition, allowing for optimum combustion and highly efficient performance. The result: lower consumption and high torque across a broad rpm range.
- STIHL anti-vibration system
- Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to longer-term effects of blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL have therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system where by the oscillations from the machines engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn’t need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Manual fuel pump (Purger)
- A small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburettor at the touch of a button. This reduces the number of starting strokes required from a cold start.
- Captive bar nuts
- Bar nuts held captive in the sprocket cover will not get lost when changing over the cutting attachment.
- Controlled-delivery oil pump
- The exact chain oil output can be adjusted maunally for varying conditions, allowing for a reduction of up to 50%.
- Single-lever master control
- All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- STIHL Ematic-System
- The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%