The new high-performance saw for thinning work in medium and high density stands. Successor to the tried-and-tested MS 460. With the new fuel-efficient, low-emission 2-MIX engine and significantly better torque build-up. Long-life air filter and impressive cutting performance for better control during plunge cutting jobs as standard.
- This air filter keeps even the finest dust away from the engine, ensuring a particularly long service life. Thanks to special material, the filter can be washed clean, for example with STIHL Variocleanand warm water.
- Long-term air cleaner system with HD2-Filter
- The longlife air filter system has a service life up to five times longer than the previous model. The newly developed HD2 filter is made from a water- and oil-repellent polyethylene filter material. It has up to 70 per cent finer pores than fleece and it is easy to clean. The PET-coated round filter cartridge with quick-release lock enables the filter to be fitted and removed in next to no time.
- Decompression valve
- The decompression valve is part of the easy start-system. The valve should be pressed before starting in order to reduce the compression pressure when starting, as well as the effort needed to pull the starter rope. The decompression valve is semi-automatic, meaning that it must be pressed manually before starting, but then closes automatically.
- STIHL 2-MIX Engine
- The new 2-MIX engine features an advanced stratified charge system that boosts power, whilst reducing consumption and pollution, significantly lowering unburned hydrocarbons in the exhaust. The result is a cleaner, more fuel efficient engine.
- STIHL anti-vibration system
- Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to longer-term effects of blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL have therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system where by the oscillations from the machines engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn’t need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Controlled-delivery oil pump
- The exact chain oil output can be adjusted maunally for varying conditions, allowing for a reduction of up to 50%.
- Single-lever master control
- All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- STIHL Ematic-System
- The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.