Simply the most popular commercial chain saw in the world for felling, trimming and all commercial and forestry applications. The MS 661 C-M is a rugged all-rounder equipped with STIHL’s environmentally friendly 2-MIX engine technology for less fuel consumption, less emissions and outstanding cutting performance. In addition the MS 661 C-M features a heavy duty (HD2) air filter system with a radial seal which keeps out fine dust particles combined with the compensator the MS 661 C-M can now be used for 20% longer than the MS 660 before a filter clean is required. The MS 661 C-M is fitted with STIHL’s M-TRONIC electronic engine management system which enables the saw to automatically adjust to varying fuel grades, changes in altitude and temperature and as there are no manual carburettor adjustments starting this saw is easier than ever before, simply push the start level to the on position and pull. The MS 661 C-M is now the only choice for professionals.
- This air filter keeps even the finest dust away from the engine, ensuring a particularly long service life. Thanks to special material, the filter can be washed clean, for example with STIHL Variocleanand warm water.
- Decompression valve
- The decompression valve is part of the easy start-system. The valve should be pressed before starting in order to reduce the compression pressure when starting, as well as the effort needed to pull the starter rope. The decompression valve is semi-automatic, meaning that it must be pressed manually before starting, but then closes automatically.
- STIHL M-Tronic (M)
- For a cold start, the STIHL M-Tronic only needs one start position on the combi-lever. After starting, you can immediately power up to full speed. The amount of fuel required is precisely calculated by the system and supplied as needed. Otherwise, start in position I as usual.
- STIHL anti-vibration system
- Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to longer-term effects of blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL have therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system where by the oscillations from the machines engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn’t need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Captive bar nuts
- Bar nuts held captive in the sprocket cover will not get lost when changing over the cutting attachment.
- Controlled-delivery oil pump
- The exact chain oil output can be adjusted maunally for varying conditions, allowing for a reduction of up to 50%.
- STIHL Ematic-System
- The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.